Friday, August 21, 2020

Rug Of The Day - Tulip Bouquet

 

Tulip Bouquet
Adapted from the artwork of PJ Rankin-Hults
Hooked by Janet S. Reid

I love Janet's version of Tulip Bouquet and quite frankly, I think she really nailed this color plan!  She used the traditional fraktur colors of reds and golds and she balanced the colors perfectly.   The blue is unusual but effective and she hooked it so that it moves your eye around the rug in a very pleasing way. The tulip pot is the star of the show!  So fresh and lovely and even a little painterly.  

Suzanne Pastura hooked this wonderful version of Tulip Bouquet.  I love the dark teal blue background and how it highlights the lighter blue and red flowers.  Her tulip pot reminds me of crock ware.  She was careful to move some of that lovely texture out to the side border for a balanced rug.

Kudos to both ladies and lots of *applause* for sharing their beautiful rugs.

You can find the pattern here:

Have a great week-end!  Keep your hooks busy!

1 comment:

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Both rugs have that special glow that defines beautiful rugs. Wow! I think it’s time to put down my needle and pick up my hook. Fall is in the air!