Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Rug Of The Day - Harvest Goode Things

 

Harvest Goode Things
Adapted from the artwork of Lori Brechlin/Notforgotten Farm
Hooked by Kris Miller

I know it's August and it is still hot, but I have been feeling the slightest hint of fall in the air.  Our barn is full of sweet smelling hay, the crickets are singing their drowsy songs, and the sunflowers have their faces toward the sun.  We have a plump green pumpkin growing on our volunteer pumpkin vines and I just saw the tiniest woolly bear worm inching its way along in front of the hay barn door.  I just have that feeling that fall could be around the corner.

If you are looking for a rug pattern to carry you from August into September and into the start of fall, then this is the pattern for you!  Again, it was one of those designs that was a pleasure to hook.  I was excited to hook the sunflowers so I found a piece of tweed that looked seedy for the flower centers.  I thought it would be fun to outline a couple of the centers with a tad bit of brighter yellow.  A red house, of course, with a brown roof but this time, a green door.  I made the windows gray.  The lettering is a blue/green plaid and I love how it shifts subtly from the blue to the green, which adds some interest to the letters.  I decided that some of the pumpkins needed to be a color other than orange so I used a gray green.  The background is really a vanilla color that has a slight green cast...it's not as yellow as the picture shows.
The only real challenge I had was what color to hook the outhouse.  I didn't want it to be red.  After much debate, I chose a gray blue with a rusty red roof...perfect!  I love the odd little chimney pipe at the top of the outhouse.  I hooked that in the same blue as the siding...no need to overthink it.
A dark brown plaid was used for the border.  It frames the rug nicely and adds to the fall feeling.

This pattern comes in 2 sizes and I hooked the larger size (25" x 32.5").  You can find it here:

and the smaller size (20" x 26") is here:

Due to the invasion of a spammer, I have had to change my blog settings so that I will have to approve every comment before they post.  I am sorry for the inconvenience!  I do enjoy reading all of your comments.

1 comment:

Saundra said...

Yup I recognize those center seeds in the flowers as honeycomb wool. That is a must have in wool stash for sure. Love how you give everyone a mini-class with each of your rugs.