Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Rug Of The Day - Old Glory Bunting

Old Glory Bunting
Design by Kris Miller/Spruce Ridge Studios
Hooked by Rhonda Ducote

Have you ever thought about something or someone and then they turn up,  unexpectedly and out of the blue?  That's what happened when I was posting about patriotic rugs. I was thinking to myself that I have always wanted to hook Old Glory Bunting.  It's a really simple, fun design that would hook up quickly with wide cuts.  I started looking through my stash and color planning in my head....and then along came an email from Rhonda Ducote and she had just finished it as a gift to her sister.  
I love the luscious colors she used!
Beautiful rug, Rhonda! *applause*

I had color planned this rug for a student at a rug camp and we chose an old gray/blue for the background and antique white for the stars but treated the sunburst in a little bit different manner.
The rays were going to be antique white too, but I had her outline them in red.  The red has to be strong enough to show up next to the blue background.  

I'm still not sure which color plan I would choose but sometimes a rug will tell  you what it wants to be....sounds strange but I've learned this many times....so when I start hooking, I'm going to let the rug guide me.

You can find the pattern here:

Besides being a "bunting" that you can hang on a wall or over a door, I think this would be a stunning design to use as a half-oval rug in an entryway, right in front of the door when you walk in.  

No comments: