Friday, July 17, 2020

Rug Of The Day - A Little Bird Told Me

 A Little Bird Told Me
Adapted from the artwork of Lori Brechlin/Notforgotten Farm
Hooked by Deb Nees

Oh my, I love everything about Lori's design!  The unusual leaves on the tree, the colonial-looking girl, and the sheep peeking around the flower...sort of like a rug hooking photobomb. Haha!  Deb added the border to the rug and I think it's perfect because it ties everything together.  
 Saundra Porter took this picture but she must have used her flash because you can see the colors a little more clearly in her photo.  We were at Cape May a few years back and Deb had entered this rug into the rug show.
Deb did a lovely job on the face because it is tiny and harder to get a lot of detail.
Well done and a wonderful rug, Deb! *applause*
Dana Cook was hooking this design when I taught in Santa Fe a few years ago.  I am a huge fan of the turquoise and gold dress, along with the ruby striped sleeves.  A little bit of Santa Fe influence, wouldn't you say?

I have also seen this pattern hooked by someone who made the girl look like Frida Kahlo.  It was absolutely spectacular and honestly, I was awed by the creativity.  But I tried searching for a picture and I couldn't find one.  If I ever run across the picture, I will definitely post it in a future blog post.

You can find the pattern here:

Have a great week-end!

2 comments:

NMK said...

Love these posts you are doing ....love Lori's designs !!!

Saundra said...

See, someone else enjoys your blog posts!!!! Well I'll be dang. Didn't know you read my blog often until noticing you saved a photo of the rugs I posted of the show. Am proud you read the blog and proud you saved the photo. Help yourself any time gurlfren.