Saturday, February 6, 2016

Rug Of The Day - Mr. MacGregor

Mr. MacGregor - hooked by Kris Miller
Pattern adapted from Lori Brechlin Folk Art by Spruce Ridge Studios (c) 2006
monks:  $36.00
linen:  $46.00
dimensions:  20" x 22"

Mr. MacGregor is such a dapper gent and a good companion rug to Ah Tis Spring.  I hooked him from the same Harris Tweet as Miss Bunny.  I wish I still had more of that lovely tweed!  I used a soft turquoise and purple plaid for the background. Hooking purple flowers was the perfect choice to make everything work together.  

I learned a lot about hit and miss when I hooked the tabs on the sides.  I learned about values and which colors stand out and which ones tend to fade into the background.  I discovered that many times, putting complementary colors together was the answer.  For instance, hooking a strip of blue next to a row of orange helped each color keep their identity. Using lots of textured wool adds interest to the tabs as well.

Here is another version of Mr. MacGregor, hooked by Deb Wilson.

No comments: