Sunday, February 14, 2016

Rug Of The Day - Lucky Stars Chair Pad

Lucky Stars Chair Pad
14" diameter
Designed and hooked by Kris Miller

Lucky Stars Chair Pad is a project/free pattern found in my book Introduction To Rug Hooking.  Each project teaches a different lesson or technique that is useful to both beginners and experienced rug hookers. This particular lesson teaches about hooking nice crisp star points.  You can also use this technique in other objects that have a sharp angle (bird beaks, leaf tips, pointed animal ears, etc).  Besides the tutorial for the chair pad, there are step-by-step instructions for binding/whipping the edges with yarn.  

I have some peeled pine rustic chairs in my studio class room area and I put this charming chair pad on one of the seats.  It's a great primitive look and really dresses up the chair.  You could choose a different color plan for your chair pad.  I think a patriotic theme of red, white, and blue would be fabulous!

No comments: