Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Rug Of The Day - Have Ye Any Wool

Have Ye Any Wool-hooked by Kris Miller
(c) 2009 Kris Miller/Spruce Ridge Studios
monks:  $42.00    linen:  $53.00
dimensions:  25.25" x 27"

I hooked this rug and taught this pattern at a workshop where the participants learned several fun techniques.  We made quillie circles, hooked with roving, created a fun bird's eye, talked about hooking letters, and did a little hit and miss in the top corners.

This rug is really near and dear to my heart because my real wooly animals served as models.  My Wensleydale sheep, Emma, was the inspiration for the sheep...she really does pose like a "show sheep" sometimes.  The roving used to hook the sheep was from a dearly beloved pet sheep who died about 7 or 8 years ago.  I couldn't think of a better way to memorialize him than to put his fleece into a rug. I don't have any orange goats but my angora goat, Zack, was the inspiration for the middle critter.  And I don't have any chickens (remember-Jamie Fox lives here!) but I thought that rooster looked very regal perched up on the top. 

No comments: