Friday, February 5, 2016

Rug Of The Day - Ah Tis Spring

Ah Tis Spring - Hooked by Kris Miller
Pattern adapted from Lori Brechlin Folk Art by Spruce Ridge Studios (c) 2010
Monks:  $40.00
Linen:  $51.00
Dimensions:  19" x 26"

This sweet little Miss Rabbit was such a joy to hook!  I had a small piece of Harris tweed that I used to hook her face and hands.  It was the perfect "rabbit" color.  Since her dress is such a large part of the design, I decided to break up some of that space with some quillie buttons.  A great waffle-like textured wool was perfect for her basket.  I drew some swirls and squiggles into the background to give a little more energy to the background....I figured that rabbits are probably pretty giddy when spring finally arrives!

Here are a few more hooked samples of this happy pattern:

Hooked by Pam Cannon



Hooked by Sue Dollhopt

I think it's interesting to see both hooked differently...a light and a dark background....and they are both equally delightful!

2 comments:

elaine allerton said...

Love, love this bunny,,,, so sweet,,, nice to see the variety, ,,,, elaine allerton,

imsteelefullofscrap said...

So adorable