Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Rug Of The Day - Emma's Garden

Emma's Garden - Designed and hooked by Kris Miller (c)2008
monks:  $40.00
linen:  $50.00
dimensions:  22" x 25.25"

I designed this pattern for a technique class.  The students learned proddy, beading, hooking with paisley, and hooking with roving and sheep curls.  I named this pattern after my Wensleydale sheep, Emma.  I added a whimsical bird because Emma likes to chase birds when they land in her pen.  Emma is not afraid of many things; I have even seen her approach the fence line as Jamie Fox was trotting along in the grass on the other side.

I used some of Emma's curls from her first shearing for the accent area along the face.  I hooked her ear three-dimensionally, using a proddy strip and sewing the two pieces together.  

Here is the real Emma.
And here is Emma's Garden, hooked by Linda Brown.

If you are interested in hooking with roving and sheep curls, click on the tab at the top of the page and you will find a tutorial on how to do this.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Where do I purchase sheep curls?

Saundra said...

I think Stinky deserves his own rug design too, don'tcha think?