Thursday, December 29, 2011

Rug of the Day-December 29th

Today's Rug of the Day is American Sheep, a design adapted from Lori Brechlin folk art by Spruce Ridge Studios (c)2009
Jan Hammond hooked this rug in a workshop I taught for her group in 2010.  I think this is such a sweet design and Jan has done some fun things with her version.  She worked some quillie circles into her flower and in one of the flags.  There are also some tiny stars to be hooked in the sheep's blanket, so Jan dove into her sewing stash and found some delightful star buttons to use instead.  She also sewed them on some of the smaller flags.  Genius!  I would have hated to hook those itty bitty stars!  I think you'll agree that this is one happy sheep!

5 comments:

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

I love this pattern! I like sheep and patriotic rugs the two together are perfect!!!

Simply Wendy said...

Love this! Kris, I've really been enjoying these daily rugs, hope you'll keep doing it for a while! Very inspiring!

Diane said...

Hi Kris. I'm new to your blog. I'm working on my first hooked rug (a kit I've had for years and years).
I'm so enjoying your rug of the day series.
Beautiful art :)
Happy New Year.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kris ~
I love that rug! She did an excellent job. Thanks for sharing.
Happy New Year!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Brighton Wool Gatherings at That'll Do Farm said...

LOVE this rug. My favorite so far. Also love the idea of a rug a day.