Friday, December 16, 2011

Rug of the Day-December 16th

The rug of the day is hooked by Dorothy Delaune from Covington, LA.  She was in my Fancy Barn Symbol class at the ATHA biennial (Lancaster, PA) along with 19 other very delightful and enthusiastic gals.  We had a fun day of learning 8 or 9 different techniques and incorporating them all into this one little sweet mat.  Dorothy has done a wonderful job with her hooking.
I can't remember if I've posted my mat before so here is a picture of the original:



3 comments:

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Beautiful rug Dorothy! It incorporates a few of my favorite things: sheep, crows, and red flowers. :)

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

What a fun rug! I love the motifs and the scrappy half circles! Thanks for sharing this!

Julia said...

I love the rugs too and I'm glad that you are showing both. I hooked similar half circles on a little rug kit that I won in a giveaway from Rugs and Pugs a while back. I just love that rug. I want to make it into a pillow some day. JB