Monday, January 9, 2012

Rug of the Day-January 9, 2012

My House Sampler is the rug of the day.
(Adapted from the folk art of Lori Brechlin by Spruce Ridge Studios (c) 2006
The first rug is hooked by Linda Long.
No surprise here...I love Linda's use of turquoise!
The next rug is hooked by Linda Thraen.  She changed it up a little so the rug says "Our House."  I love the red up against the dark background...and again a gorgeous turquoise bird!
Often times on a summer's evening when I am down at the barn feeding my animals, I have turned around to look at our house and have seen a lone mourning dove perched right on the top of our roof.  As the dusky light emphasizes the bird's silhouette, it reminds me so much of this pattern and I just have to smile to myself.  This is definitely another rug that is on my bucket list.
I have a couple more great examples of My House Sampler to show you tomorrow!

No comments: