Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rug of the Day-January 18th

Another Halloween rug!  
This is Olde Hallow's Eve, a Lori Brechlin design adapted by Spruce Ridge Studios (c) 2010
This sweet little mat was hooked by Ginny Westover.  She purchased the pattern and wool kit from me and mounted it on a black board that was cut out in the same shape as the hooked piece.  Ginny has it displayed perfectly!
Here is my hooked version on display in my booth at the ATHA Biennial in October.  My husband is a professional picture framer by trade and he always comes up with creative framing ideas.  He made the gravestone out of wood and painted it with some type of textural paint to make it look like stonework. Throw in some leaves, moss, and a black crow...instant spooky grave!
(I still have a few of these kits available...if you are interested, shoot me an e-mail).

No comments: