Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Few Rugs From Holland, Michigan

Here are a few snaps I took at the rug show that was held at Holland, Michigan during the Tomorrow's Heirlooms Rug School.
 Oh Glorious Day, hooked by Sally Beaton during Star of Texas (Tyler) rug camp, Kris Miller-teacher.  Design is adapted from Lori Brechlin folk art by Spruce Ridge Studios.

Didn't get the name of the maker.  There is a subtle message written backwards in the background around the fish.  I do remember someone telling me that Pris Butler was the teacher for this rug.

 Hooked by Jackie K.  Isn't this a fantastic rug?
 
Harry, hooked by Patti Aichler. Teacher and designer is Sally Kallin from Pine Island Primitives.

Hooked by Donna Gardella.  I believe this is a Lib Calloway pattern.  Love the background!

I think this was hooked by Donna Gardella too (please correct me if I'm wrong)!  Pattern is Jacob's Lion, designed by Cindi Gay and distributed by Spruce Ridge Studios.
Give Ye Thanks, adapted from Lori Brechlin folk art by Spruce Ridge Studios.  (Sorry, didn't get the name of the maker)


Designed and hooked by Lyle Drier of Wisconsin.  Her rugs are always exquisite and exceptional!
~~~
I'll show my students' rugs in the next post...stay tuned...and stay cool!

2 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

That fish rug really catches my eye!! Great colors!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.