Monday, February 8, 2010

Quilling


For all of you out there who have asked about how to make the little rolled circles that I call "quilling", there is a wonderful tutorial on Ali Strebel's blog about how to do it. I learned to do this technique from her last September. Her instructions are so easy and clear-cut that there is no need for me to show you...just skip on over to her blog and check it out! I used three strips of wool for the rooster's wing (above). Just have fun with combining different colors and textures, and experiment with the number of strips that you roll. I found out that 2 or 3 strips rolled well...but 4 strips...well, not so much.
~~~
I'm back from my Mississippi workshop and have lots of fun pictures to post! I'll save that story (and pictures) for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Gayle said...

That black & white wool you used on this rooster is totally PERFECT for feathers! I can't wait to gry this quilling technique in a rug of my own!

Deb said...

I just love your rooster! And thanks so much for the link. I hope to use it someday when I master the art of rug hooking!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I love how you used quilling in the wing!!