Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Mona Lisa Smile

Herb AngelHere is one of my most recently completed rugs...another Lori Brechlin adaptation available through my website (www.spruceridgestudios.com) She was really a UFO...that's "UnFinished Object" in rug hooking lingo....I started working on her last June and really didn't get anywhere with my hooking. The rug got rolled up and put away for many months. Finally, inspiration struck and I began with renewed fervor! I realized that her face was the focal point of the whole rug and I had to get it right. After I got done and trimmed all the ends away, I discovered that she had a Mona Lisa smile...a very thoughtful, mysterious, and far-away look! Could she be thinking that Spring is not too far away?

I'm working on more UFO's and an adaptation of an antique rug that I saw many years ago. I'll keep you posted.....

No comments: