Thursday, April 26, 2012

Join Me For A Wooly Good Time

This is what I brought back from the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival last year!  She is a Finn sheep and her name is Sukka, which means "sock" in Finnish (you can see one of her little white "socks" in the photo).  She is the sweetest little thing you could ever meet.  She loves to be petted and hugged and I am so happy that she is part of my flock.
Now, I'm not suggesting that you buy a sheep there (!) but I do want to remind you that the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival is coming up in one week...
Saturday May 5th  (9 am to 6 pm) and Sunday May 6th (9 am to 5 pm)
Admission is FREE!
The festival is held at the Howard County Fairground, W. Friendship, MD.
My booth will be located in Barn 5, Space 8.
Last year was the first year I attended and let me say WOWZA!  This is Wool Heaven, folks!   We enjoyed every minute we were there!  There is certainly something for everyone....visit the animals in the barns, shop the well-stocked vendors, and see demonstrations.  There are lots of great food vendors too...even though I would not eat lamb, they do serve it there...you will not be sorry you came!  Personally, I am going to try to stay out of the sheep barn this year.....
 

No comments: