Friday, April 29, 2011

You Gotta Have Friends

Spring has sprung (finally) here in Michigan.  It was a sunny, warm, happy day.  Now that the rain has gone, the animals seem to be in a festive mood and they are enjoying the bright sunshine.
Miss Emma has made some new friends in her little corner of the world.  She makes me laugh because she is such a curious girl.  I swear she's not afraid of anything!
 A male and female goose have been hanging around so Emma decided to be a good neighbor and say howdy.
 
 "Good Morning," says Emma, "Won't you stay and sit for awhile?"
Emma decides there wasn't much to the conversation.  "Humph!"
A nice little nap in the sunshine works wonders for the soul, especially when you can share it with a friend.
And here are Emma's other friends.  They were living below her hay feeder, all safe and snug.  I'm sure they enjoyed all the bits of alfalfa that Emma dropped while she was eating (looks like one is wearing a piece of alfalfa on its head!)
~~~~
Next week-end (May 7th & 8th) is the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival...I don't need to tell you how excited I am to be attending!  If you happen to go, please look me up and say hello...I'll be in Barn 5, space 8.  I plan on taking lots of pictures too!   In the meantime, there is a flurry of activity to get ready for the trip!
P.S.:  If you want to see more pictures from my class at the Ohio Rug Camp at Punderson, click on the link to go to Liz's blog.  Scroll down and you'll see lots of nice pictures.  Thanks for sharing, Liz!

1 comment:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Awwww. What sweet pictures. Thanks for sharing!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren