Friday, June 4, 2010

Rugs from Star Of Texas-Tyler Part 1

Here are some of my student's rugs from Star of Texas-Tyler
 Martha Marshall was hooking My Country, a Spruce Ridge adaptation from Lori Brechlin's folk art.  She did a great job with his face!  I love the mustard house too.

Ann Sherrow was working on Indian Peace Rug.  She's on her way to creating a wonderful rug....
 This is Emma's Garden, hooked by Laurie Hannan.  Isn't her proddy flower wonderful?  Laurie got a lot of hooking done at camp!

Linda Long also got a lot of hooking done during the three days of camp!  These are her versions of Trick Or Treat and Smell My Feet, another Spruce Ridge adaptation of Lori Brechlin's folk art.  I love these two patterns because you can dress up your little characters any way you wish...Linda chose fashionable stripes!

  Lynda Pagan was hooking Lady Liberty.  This is turning out to be a beautiful rug!  This design is another adaptation from Lori Brechlin's art work.
 Annie's Flower Power  (Cindy Gay design) is being hooked by Peggy Bloom.  She is using soft golds and coral pinks.  Her flowers are absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see the completed rug! 
~~~
There are still more rugs to show...they will be in the next post...stay tuned!

3 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Very nice rugs, Kris!! Did the two Halloween rugs get hooked at camp? If so, she is a very fast hooker!!

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Oh my . . . what fun these all are!
This is the year I am going to pick up my hook and make a little time!
I hope! :-)

Lori Ann

Gayle said...

Wow! I love every single one of those rugs that your students were working on! Great designs and colors on each of them!