Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rugs From Independence, Missouri

I had a wonderful time at Wooley Woolens with Janice Johnson and all the gals who took my workshop. The rugs were turning out fabulous and the food was absolutely delicious! We had a show-and-tell and I thought I'd show you some of the rugs that were color planned and hooked from my previous workshops at Wooley Woolens.

St. Nick is shown above and hooked by Sue Clark in my workshop in 2008.

Sue Clark hooked Give Ye Thanks for my workshop in 2007. As you can see, Sue is a terrific rug hooker!

LaDonna hooked Wool Garden in the 2008 workshop. Her colors are so soft and wonderful, just like spring!

This version of Give Ye Thanks was hooked by Kathy Simmons in 2008. I love the background on this rug.

Rhonda Timberlake hooked Pearl, May and LaVerne in last year's workshop. Her bright colors are absolutely wonderful in this rug!
~~~
All of these patterns are available on my website. Just click on the pattern name and you can check them out.
~~~
Big, big thanks to Jim and Janice Johnson for all their hard work! It was another successful year!

8 comments:

moosecraft said...

Beautiful rugs Kris! I do really like the background in the Give Ye Thanks too! Makes the home pop and look inviting! I'm thinking on purchasing that St. Nick pattern... The colors in that one make it look so rich! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

the rugs look WONDERFUL Kris!!! ~ I'm so happy that you had a great time spent with Jim & Janice...
I'm JEALOUS!!!!

Blessed be!
Lori from Notforgotten Farm

Gayle said...

That Santa rug you designed is the most wonderful Santa I've ever seen - I absolutely love him in the chimney with his bag of toys!

Kris Miller said...

Hi Gayle,

The St. Nick pattern, along with Give Ye Thanks and Wool Garden are designs that are adapted from Lori Brechlin/Notforgotten Farm artwork and sold through me. Pearl, May and LaVerne is a Rebecca Erb design, and also sold through me. All of them are truly awesome and I am so honored to represent Lori and Rebecca!
Kris

Sandi said...

wow, they are all so wonderful!!

woolwoman said...

Sounds like you had a great time Kris - A GF of mine started Give Ye Thanks at our Halloween workshop with Dianne Kelly - She dyed most of the wool herself and it is going to be smashing too - I love all of Lori's designs - I'll have to put Wooley Woolens workshop on my dream camp to attend list! That wall of wool photo was stunning! Melody

Kim said...

All beautiful but the St. Nick Rug really catches my eye. Maybe its the season!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Hi Kris...love the rugs! What a great time!! I am hoping to make it to Thrums and Chums on Saturday....the wool exchange sounds like fun..I haven't been in so long...I really miss hooking with the other gals!

Bobbie