Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to my dad

Here is my dad who is 82 years young and rides a motorcycle!
~~~
My dad is my inspiration and my kindred spirit. He lives his life creatively and I am like him in so many ways. He taught me how to fish and paddle a canoe. Many summer days were spent camping and exploring. When I was 14, he and my mom pulled all of us kids out of school for 6 weeks so we could go see a total eclipse of the sun in the Mexican wilderness. It was a better education than regular school as we learned about astronomy, visited Mexican (Aztec and Mayan) ruins and pyramids, and learned about and experienced the Mexican culture. I was one lucky kid! No, my parents were not "hippies", they were the most straight-laced folks I ever knew.
~~~
Thanks, Dad, for giving me your creative "genes", your eye to see things a little differently, and the wings to fly as an individual.
~~~
I love you!

No comments: