Thursday, November 6, 2008

Emma's Big Day

Here's a few pictures of Emma's shearing day! It looks like she had a temper tantrum before she got sheared too....what a little stinker! She laid down, rolled on her back, and stuck her feet up in the air! Now who can deal with that? If you have/had young children, you can relate to this stunt....just like the kid who lays down in the aisle of the store and refuses to shop with her parents.
Emma is in the trailer and ready to go to Liz's farm. She looks a little scared, doesn't she? The next few pictures are of Doug, the sheep shearer, working his magic. He is really good at what he does and he's very patient with these struggling, freaked-out sheep. Talk about a tough job! Doug is like a "sheep-whisperer". He can handle any size sheep with ease and he works fast.

Yum, look at that gorgeous fleece...lots of curls...remember I've said before that I love looking at and touching a beautiful fleece...
Yeow! This picture made me nervous...zipping those clippers right down her neck....
So there's Emma's Big Day in pictures! Thanks to Liz for taking the pictures. I won't miss Emma's next shearing day in April 2009.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

I think if someone grabbed me, flipped me over on the ground and ran a buzzing set of clippers over my entire body, I'd freak out too. So all in all, I think she handled it pretty well. Emma does indeed have beautiful fleece.

Amanda said...

Don't let PETA see these photos!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.