Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oh My, What A Time We Had!

I just got back tonight from the Laurel Mountain Rug Hooking School in Ligonier, PA. My teacher was Jayne Hester. Words simply cannot describe the WONDERFUL time I had there! It was fun to see so many of my dear and favorite friends...and I met lots and lots of new friends too!!! I feel like my "rug hooking spirit" has been super-energized and my feet just haven't touched the ground yet since I've gotten home. (If you're a rug hooker, you know what I mean!) I couldn't wait to post a few pictures.

Jayne Hester and me

Barb Carroll and Jayne Hester

I was hooking Hex & Frex, a Notforgotten Farm adaptation. I wanted to hook a "dirty primitive" which is a rug with dark and grayed out colors...makes this rug look like an antique! This is what I got done at camp. I'll post a picture of the completed rug as soon as I get it done.
(Picture was taken in the hotel hallway so pardon the darkness of the photo)

Here's Barb Carroll giving a little lecture about the wools and colors in one of her newest pattern designs. The rug is being hooked by Elaine Cathcart, on the left.
I LOVED this rug camp!!! Hey everyone, thanks for the memories !!!! And thanks for sharing your knowledge and beautiful color planning, Jayne...you are one of the best!!!


No comments: