Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Patterns

American Sheep notecard (c) Lori Brechlin/Notforgotten Farm

If you haven't been to my website lately, you may want to take a stroll over there to see the newest rug hooking patterns adapted from the artwork of Lori Brechlin/Notforgotten Farm. There are three very patriotic patterns that are perfect for your summer hooking projects. American Sheep is adapted from the notecard above. Someone recently told me that this pattern has all the things that rug hookers love....sheep, flowers, and flags....what more could you ask for? My Country is another wonderful pattern that brings a smile to my face...he is the PERFECT companion to Lady Liberty. I can invision this American pair hanging together on the wall in my studio. Where Liberty Dwells rounds out the trio of patriotic patterns and it's a great addition to anyone's collection (the perfect project if you have a loved one in the military service). There is one other new pattern that is the MUST-HAVE for anyone who loves sheep, wool or flowers....and that is Wool Garden! I was going to pick a favorite pattern but I can't! Choosing a favorite pattern is like choosing your favorite kid...you love them all for many different reasons!

Besides finishing up my Hex & Frex pattern, I'm working on Lion and Lamb. I'm having great fun hooking all those leaves in the willow tree (really!~ the leaves hook up quickly~just takes one strip for each leaf)! And I wanted to point out that the original pattern had the word "March" at the bottom, but I changed my pattern to say "Peace" at the bottom. I liked it so much that now the pattern is available with your choice of either word.

If you are a fan of Cindi Gay's "Queen Anne" series, you'll love the three new patterns that coordinate: Field of Queens stair runner, Kentucky Rose Queen stair runner, and Annie's Wandering Scroll.

Also new this spring is Bonnie Smith's collection of patterns that she wrote about and were featured in the April 2008 issue of The Wool Street Journal: Three For The Show, Baby Shoes, Narcissus, and Bunny Lane.

I hope you'll find your favorite summer hooking project at Spruce Ridge Studios!

No comments: