Friday, March 12, 2021

Rug Of The Day Update-First Heavy Snow

First Heavy Snow
Designed by Cabin Creek Designs/Faye Schilling
Hooked by Kris Miller

I have been trying to wrap up some unfinished projects and here is one of them.  I just hooked the last loop on Monday night...it's not steamed yet but will be soon.  Then I'll bind the edges with the crochet finish, using the same Christmas plaid in the border.  

This was so much fun to hook! I think my favorite part was figuring out how to dress up the snow people.  I can't wait to hang it up next winter when the snow starts to fly.  In the meantime, I've got another UFO (unfinished object) on my frame....mostly just hooking the background but oh how I love hooking backgrounds!!!

You can find the First Heavy Snow pattern here:
 

I know most of you don't want to think about snow, now that the weather is warmer and the flowers are starting to poke their sleepy little heads through the dirt, but I think I could hook winter patterns all year round because they are so much fun!

Have a great week-end!

2 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I do love hooking winter or Christmas rugs but you are right I am ready for something different right now. I love this rug and have made a note on it for future refernece.
Cathy

NMK said...

I love hooking Snowmen too....this is so cute & love the pretty wools you used !