Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Rug Of The Day - Wool Witch

 

Wool Witch
Designed and hooked by Lori Brechlin/Notforgotten Farm
Pattern available through Spruce Ridge Studios

I can't think of a more darling pattern for a rug hooker to hook.  Perhaps to adorn your studio or hooking room, or perhaps to gift to a special rug hooker in your life.  We all love sheep and we all cherish our hooks...and don't we all create a little "witchy magic" while we are picking out colors and working our wool strips into the design?  Our rugs come to life right before our eyes!

Lori was extra-playful when creating her rug by adding a little braid for the witch's hair and a ribbon with a jingle bell for the sheep's neck.  The beauty and magic of rug hooking is making your rug personal to YOU and knowing that no two rugs will ever look the same.  

What I love about this design is the border!  Oh my goodness!  It adds energy to the rug and draws you in.  I think it's clever that only the corners were done this way, with some dark in between.  Of course, it's a great way to pull the colors from the center out to the edge.  You could add a few other noodles that have been hanging around in your stash too.  A great hit or miss incorporates the colors you used in your rug PLUS a few random strips of color that you didn't.  The only other suggestion I have is that you would not want to put your lightest nor your darkest color in the hit or miss.  Just a little "rule" that buzzes around in my head...

I know I didn't post for a while and I was surprised at how much time had gone by since my last Rug Of The Day.  We had family visiting from out of town and it was my granddaughter's first birthday.  We had a lovely picnic/party and we did wear masks and distanced as much as we could.  She loves Peppa Pig so her mama's friend made a bright pink smash cake for her to have fun with.


I think my fingernails are still tinted pink from trying to help clean up afterward.

You can find the Wool Witch pattern here:



3 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your granddaughter is TOO CUTE!

NMK said...

Love all the added details Lori incorporated into her neat patterns ! Thank you for tip on the hit or miss border ! Happy Birthday to your Beautiful Grand Daughter ! It is funny how the bright color frosting they use on cakes stains and we were told M&M's colors were unhealthy for us !!! Hmmm????

Saundra said...

Agree with Lauren, your grandbaby is adorable!!!! I purchased that PDF pattern from Lori just because of that border so totally agree with you. However, that one won't be hooked in time for this year's Halloween.