Friday, October 14, 2011

The Countdown Begins (and a sneak peek)!

Just a few more short days and I'll be headed out to the ATHA Biennial in Lancaster, PA.  Not only will I be vending, but I will be teaching and attending the Executive Board Meeting as your elected Secretary.  My noticeable absence from my blog is a testimony to how hard I've been working to put together a unique and wonderful collection of items for my booth.  I've been drawing patterns daily, with an emphasis on fall and Halloween designs.  I've been washing sheep curls and dyeing wool and assembling kits.  Best of all, I've done this:
I have self-published a booklet of finishing techniques for rug hookers.  I taught these techniques at Sauder Village last summer and this booklet is a collection of the handouts that I provided to my students.  There are 5 different techniques in all, in 6 chapters.  All techniques are described in detail with tons of colored picture close-ups. The booklet is spiral bound with a clear vinyl front cover and a sturdy black vinyl back cover.  It will be for sale at the ATHA biennial for the shoppers who visit my booth, however the booklet will also be available for sale to anyone after October 24th.  The price is $18.95 (shipping would be extra).
I hope to see you next week!

7 comments:

Teri721 said...

I can't make it to PA but would love one of these booklets! Looking forward to the ordering info.

Liz said...

Me too! I want one! Have fun at the Biennial - wish I could go too!

Kathleen said...

That book is a must-have for me!! I'll be attending the Biennial on Thursday with a good friend of mine. Looking forward to meeting you in poi-sen!

Safe journey.
Kathleen

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Oh Kris HOW I wish I could be there...and I will have to have your books for the shop :)

Lori

Debra Lloyd said...

Have fun in PA and bring back lots of pictures! Wow a book and an article in Rug Hooking Magazine--great!

Brighton Wool Gatherings at That'll Do Farm said...

Welcome back from PA! I would love to purchase your finishing book when you have it back in stock. Please let me know when its available. Enjoy your new fiber friends and don't hesitate to call/e-mail if you have questions about them. :)

Char said...

I am also interested in your book. You can email me at char5@centurytel.net to give me details as to shipping cost, where to send my check and so on.

Thanks!
Char