Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall in Michigan

Ah, fall in Michigan....there is no better place to be at this time of year! This is the view from my animal pens. What a beautiful and peaceful place to be in the evening when the air is cool and the setting sun makes the colors look so vibrant.
Last night when I went out to feed the goats, I discovered a little visitor not far away. The deer was not afraid of me. Five more deer stepped out from the trees later in the darkening twilight. Even though we see deer quite frequently, I am always amazed at their grace and beauty.
We're shearing goats today! They seem so happy to be free from their long woolen coats. But it won't take long before they're growing more mohair for next spring.
***
Enjoy the fall colors...where ever you are!


1 comment:

JoJo said...

Kris, love the picture of the deer but the foliage picture is stunning! I love autumn more than any other time of year but wish we got more of the beautiful reds on our trees.