Thursday, May 19, 2016

Rug Of The Day - My House Sampler

My House Sampler - Hooked by Carolyn Snyder, Branson West, MO
Design by Lori Brechlin/Notforgotten Farm - Adaption by 
Spruce Ridge Studios (c) 2006
monks  = $69.00
linen = $85.00
dimensions :  41" x 32"

In early April, I had the pleasure to teach at the Eureka Springs Rug Camp. Vickie Hardcastle is the hostess for this camp and she works hard to make sure that everyone is happy...she served up some really yummy food and no one went away hungry!  There were quite a few spectacular wide cut/primitive rugs being hooked during the workshop.  Here is one by Carolyn Snyder.  She changed the wording from "My House" to "Stone County" to personalize her rug.  I love the white house and red bird and tulips up against her dark background.  The contrast is stunning.  Notice how the letters are hooked in just a little bit different wools to give variety and make them not so predictable.  This is an excellent example of a great primitive rug!

Here are just a few photos of Eureka Springs and the rugs being worked on at camp:
I love this unusual building in town.

My demonstration of how to hook a realistic primitive eye.....
Bunnie McGee was hooking October 31st, a Notforgotten Farm design

Ella Davison was hooking Bird of Paradise, a Spruce Ridge Original design,

Barb Schuessler was hooking my design, Have Ye Any Wool

Vicki Hardcastle was working on Trout, a Keith Kemmer design.

Nola was working on a Cactus Needle design called Peacock Plantation.  She really got a lot accomplished!

I will post more pictures of camp tomorrow.

There might be a major announcement this week-end!   *wink, wink*


2 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Tease!
Great rugs being hooked.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Kris ~ I just love to see everyone's rugs from 'our' designs! each one beautiful ~
can't wait for your surprise, AND to visit your new website!
L