Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Rug Of The Day - American Sheep



 American Sheep - Hooked by Jan Hammond
Pattern adapted from Lori Brechlin Folk Art by Spruce Ridge Studios (c) 2008
monks:  $52.00
linen:  $66.00
dimensions:  32.5" x 26"

This is a wonderful Americana design that covers everything a rug hooker loves....red, white and blue....a wooly sheep....flags....flowers.  I especially love the bunting blanket on the sheep.  The stars on the bunting are kind of small, so Jan sewed on star buttons, which worked perfectly.  You could also hook those small stars with my star technique using a #9 cut strip.  If you ever take a class from me, ask me to show you how!  It's fun and simple to do.

Here is another American Sheep hooked by Kathleen Keithley.  
I love to see the variety of how one pattern can be hooked in so many different ways!

I was at the Rock Creek Hook-In in Lenexa, Kansas last week-end and Pam Mayfield hooked this version of American Sheep.  It was part of the lovely rug show that was set up at one end of the gymnasium.  The gray sheep and yellowish background are fabulous!

I will be on the road quite a bit over the next month or so.  I might not be able to post a rug every day but I will certainly keep posting.  I have heard so many kind comments about how you are all enjoying Rug Of The Day and I thank you for your support!

3 comments:

Doreen Frost said...

Just beautiful.

moosecraft said...

Love the rug of the day! Makes me want to pick up my hook and pull loops ALL day! But, have to do the "job" thing first... so I have money for patterns and wool! lol! Safe travels!

Unknown said...

Very nice!