Thursday, February 4, 2016

Rug Of The Day - Vagabond Rabbit

Vagabond Rabbit - Hooked by Kris Miller
Pattern (c) 2006 Kris Miller/Spruce Ridge Studios
Monks:  $30.00
Linen:  $40.00
Dimensions:  13" x 20"

This rug appeared in the Spring 2006 issue of Rug Hooking Magazine as a free pattern insert.  I have seen many hooked versions of this design and they are all delightful!  It amazes me to see the different techniques and variety in everyone's interpretation.

I hooked my mat with all "as-is" textured wool.  Some people ask me what "as-is" means...it is simply wool that has come off the bolt and has not had its color altered in any way.  There was no dyed woolens used in this mat.  Since Rebecca Erb and I collaborated on the article for RHM, she supplied the wool for this mat.

After I hooked my Vagabond Rabbit, I found an adorable rabbit Christmas ornament and also a redware plate with a rabbit on it so I felt like 2006 was the year of the rabbit!

1 comment:

elaine allerton said...

Hi kris,,, love this one!! Forgot about it,,,,, must look up that magazine,,, maybe get it done before easter,,,,
Enjoy ur pics ,,,
Elaine allerton