Sunday, February 21, 2016

Rug Of The Day - Lady Liberty

Lady Liberty - hooked by Kris Miller
Adapted from the folk art of Lori Brechlin by Spruce Ridge Studios (c) 2006
Monks:  $50.00
Linen:  $ 64.00
Dimensions:  26" x 30.5"

I have always loved Lady Liberty.  I think she is the ultimate symbol in really great patriotic folk art.  I love her blowing, billowy skirt and her tiny little feet.  Her eye is just a tad too big for her head, but I wouldn't change a thing about it.  I tell people that Miss Liberty is "all-knowing" and that is why she needs a big eye. (LOL)
I love the flag blowing on that skinny flag pole with that funny little spear shape at the top.  And the spindly flower stems with the patriotic blossoms just sort of waving in the breeze.  

I hooked the letters and numbers in a medium brown textured wool.  Using a darker color would have made them too noticeable and would have detracted from the overall flow of the design.   

1 comment:

Saundra said...

I see your blog had a facelift and am looking each day to see when your web site will be back up and running.