Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rug of the Day-January 7th

Another unusual spring-like day here in Michigan!  Today's rug is 
Mr. MacGregor (adapted from Lori Brechlin folk art by Spruce Ridge Studios (c) 2006
This rug is hooked by Deb Wilson.  As many of you know, I have mad-crazy-love  for the colors turquoise and aqua.  I use it a lot in my own rugs.  Have you ever heard anyone say that if you are having trouble with a color plan, just add a little purple?  Well, to me it's "just add a little turquoise!"  It is my "go-to" color and it makes me happy.  So, of course, I love Deb's use of the turquoise in this rug.
Here is my version of the pattern.  As you can see, I used a wonderful turquoise and purple plaid for the background.  The rabbit was hooked with a Harris tweed that I picked up at Sauder Village years ago.  It was a small piece of plaid but oh, was it spectacular!  I loved the way this rug turned out.
Sadly, I sold my rug about 2 years ago to someone who made me an offer that I couldn't refuse.  However, I used the money on a fabulous overstuffed chair and matching ottoman for my office so, in a way, the rug is still making me happy  (just in a different way).  I still dream of hooking another MacGregor for myself....
Oops!  I found one more unfinished version of Mr. MacGregor:
This was being hooked by Becky Marshall who was my student at Star of Texas, Fredericksburg last September.  Becky has an extraordinary sense of color and her rug is going to be spectacular.  I love those turquoise flowers!!!

No comments: