Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rug of the Day-January 4th

The sun is shining brightly today and my sheep are basking in its warmth.  It is a nice day, finally!
Let's celebrate the sunshine with Wool Garden!
(Adapted from Lori Brechlin folk art by Spruce Ridge Studios (c) 2008
This beautiful rug was hooked by Phyllis Monjar last June when I taught a workshop for her group in Libertyville, IL.  I had fun with this great group of ladies.  I love, love, love how the turquoise blue background and border work with each other.  And the beautiful sunflowers.  And the gorgeous red tulips.  And the very calm and gentle sheep.  Phyllis hooked the big sheep with roving.
She says this rug will be hanging in her own Wool Garden room.
Thanks for sharing, Phyllis!

1 comment:

Julia said...

The colors are great, what a beautiful rug. I love it. JB