Friday, January 20, 2012

Rug of the Day-January 20th

The snow is coming down and swirling all around tonight! 
Today's rug is The Stocking Was Hung, a design by Lori Brechlin, adapted by Spruce Ridge Studios (c)2007
This rug was hooked by Rebecca Erb.  As you might expect, I love the turquoise stocking.  Her little doll has such a sweet face!
This work in progress is Janet Kersh's rug.  She was a student of mine at the Star of Texas Rug Camp in Fredericksburg last September.  What a beautiful job she is doing on this rug!  I love the gold dress with the "lace" trim and the multicolored wings.  Her doll has a sweet face too.
This rug was on display at Sauder Village last August and it was hooked by Alicia McLeod.  She used brighter colors and says she "gave the angel the wistful look of a child's porcelain doll."  I think the face is indeed lovely and I think it is wonderful that one pattern can be hooked up in so many different ways.  I think this is another pattern that will be added to my bucket list!

1 comment:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

your 'bucket list' is growing by leaps & bounds, Miss Kris ~
I want to thank you for showcasing so many of 'our' patterns on your blog!!! I too, cannot believe how many different ways one pattern can be interpreted...I love seeing everyone's take on a single design!
Blessed be,
Lori from Notforgotten Farm