Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rug of the Day-January 10th

Today's rug of the day: A few more beautiful examples of My House Sampler.  This is a great pattern that you can personalize to make it more meaningful.
The rug was hooked by Diane Eaton.  She attended a workshop I taught in Arizona about 3 years ago (oh my, how time flies!). Isn't it wonderful?  I love the addition of her family name in place of the "my house" words.  And I love the way she varied the colors in the alphabet.
Kathy Simmons hooked this great version (above)....

...and Rebecca Erb hooked this beauty!
All of these talented ladies hooked a red house and a light background...and I would probably do the same...I love, love, love to hook light backgrounds and I live in a red brick house (and my house is on a hill)!  Ooh!  I've got to hook this pattern!!!
~~~~~~~~~
PS:  For my dear readers who would like to learn to rug hook or are very basic beginners and live in this area,  I will be teaching a beginner's class at Washtenaw Community College beginning Saturday January 21st.  There are still openings available.  Click on the "classes" link below for information. Primitive Rug Hooking 1 - Classes.

No comments: